Saturday, July 7, 2012

Please Check Out My Article in the Special “Buddhist Chaplaincy” Issue of The Middle Way: Journal of the Buddhist Society from February 2012


Originally posted by Danny Fisher

“Buddhist Chaplaincy,” and.....

This has been quite a busy year for me so far, lemme tell ya. So it’s little wonder then that I hadn’t even noticed until today that an article I wrote for The Middle Way: Journal of the Buddhist Society was published back in February. It’s a special issue devoted to “Buddhist Chaplaincy,” and my contribution is a revised and expanded version of a paper I delivered to the Buddhist Critical-Constructive Reflection Group at the American Academy of Religion’s Annual Meeting in Chicago in 2008. It’s entitled “‘More Like This, Please’: On the Importance of Written Work about Buddhism and Chaplaincy,” and appears on pages 381-89 of volume 86, number 4 (the February 2012 issue).
I was honored and touched to be asked to submit this piece by Dr. Desmond Biddulph, President of the The Buddhist Society, during his visit to University of the West (my home institution) some months back. Founded by Christmas Humphreys, the Buddhist Society is one of the oldest Buddhist groups in Europe, with an impressive history and track record of works. You can find out more about them (and the journal) here.
Thank you for this opportunity, Buddhist Society! I hope the article is helpful to you and to readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment