Thursday, November 8, 2012

Check Out My Buddhadharma Report from Amnesty International’s Town Hall in Washington, DC, with Aung San Suu Kyi


Originally posted by Rev. Danny Fisher 
“The Lady” shines her light in DC… Photo by the author.
 I still can’t quite believe what happened last week: I was in our nation’s capital with Amnesty International, my palJoshua Eaton, and others for a very special event with none other than Daw Aung San Suu Kyi herself!
As a practitioner who has long been an admirer of “the Lady,” as well as a scholar with an abiding research interest in her, I can’t even begin to tell you how thrilled I was to see her in person — and from the press box with Joshua no less!
On that note, I hope you will head on over toBuddhadharma: The Practitioner’s Quarterly Online, where my report on the event has just been posted (along with full video of the town hall).
I’ve blogged a lot about “Daw Suu,” as a search of her name at this website will reveal. Most recently before this report, though, I reviewed Luc Besson’s recent biopic The Lady for Shambhala Sun Space. (The film comes out on DVD and Blu-Ray in the U.S. this coming Tuesday, October 2nd, by the way.)

No comments:

Post a Comment