Friday, October 5, 2012

Why does Sweeping Zen need financial support?



Why does Sweeping Zen need financial support?


Throughout this website, you’ve probably noticed various calls for financial support. When I (Adam) started this project in May of 2009, it was a fun little hobby—something I did for kicks while in school. There was one minor problem. I fell in love with the work. I had to admit to myself that I didn’t really want to be a counselor and that (for various reasons) this was what felt truly right to me. So, I left my degree on hold and slowly continued building this resource, hour-by-hour, day-by-day, week-by-week, and so on. Although I knew it would be a good while before the website was able to support me with an income to justify the long hours, I felt (and, still do feel) that, if you dig long enough, you’ll eventually begin to see the light of day again. Perseverance and hard work usually “pay off” in the end, though that’s never a guarantee.
Offering your support allows me to make a fair wage for my efforts here. My goal is not wealth. Were that my goal, there are plenty of other websites I could be building to achieve that end. True, Zen is (as we all know) a word marketers seem to love, showing up in all manner of advertising anymore. But, what you and I know is that this presentation of Zen is not so, errr…sexy? Okay, okay. So it can be, sometimes! But, as actor David Duchovny said of his trip to a certain Zen monastery in upstate New York, “I was shovelling horse shit out there.” Not exactly a day at the spa. My only point is that, if you think I’m in this for the money, then you are way off. I just want to live comfortably like anyone else and, if I didn’t feel I deserved what I’m aiming for, I’d not ask. As I’ve said many times before, were I actually logging my hours here I’d probably stop the work. That’s just a way of expressing the amount of work a project of this scope requires because, in truth, this doesn’t much feel like work. It feels like pretty awesome (too cheesy?).
My goal is to generate $2000 in monthly income so that I may achieve financial independence and financial stability in my life. I did the math and feel I can live just fine on that from year-to-year. Making sure I meet my personal goal ensures that this website continues well in to the foreseeable future, remaining a free resource for the general public to read and benefit from. Please consider making your contribution today and show your support.

Sincerely,
Adam Tebbe
Editor, Sweeping Zen
RESPONSE FROM THE SGBZC:
" "My only point is that, if you think I’m in this for the money, then you are way off. I just want to live comfortably like anyone else and, if I didn’t feel I deserved what I’m aiming for, I’d not ask. As I’ve said many times before, were I actually logging my hours here I’d probably stop the work." 
  I HAVE I WORLD TO SAY, STOP THE WORK AND I HAVE TO ADD THAT YOU ARE WAY OUT OF CONTROL WITH THIS THOUGHT OF YOUR SITE AND WORK BEING WORTH THAT MUCH MONEY A MONTH. go find someone that will pay you that for doing what blogging does, "shoveling horse shit out there ". I believe in this statement when it comes to moving information that evolves others but does full under Engaged Buddhism. This is wild and crazy this request and the mind frame behind it is off the chain for real!!!!  Why does Sweeping Zen need financial support? ($2,000 he believes is a good pay for his work on his own project he loves involving Zen, and as a Priest at that. Seeking dana for his services), WOW!! Berni Glassman, sir i believe just hlf of that will do to split between me an Ari for the Zen Peacemakers site. You have got to be just kidding me with such garbage!! Tell you what just shut down your 
site, Zen will go on without "Sweeping Zen". Thats more money then anyone person is worth to do there job as a person that vows service to the community and the world itself.



Mujin

No comments:

Post a Comment